Attorney at Law, Partner
Digital business card
Markus Eichhorst has many years of legal experience in assisting clients in contentious matters, both out-of-court and before courts and arbitration tribunals, as well as in contract negotiations. He focuses on national and international disputes in insurance law, commercial and corporate law, employment law as well as maritime and transport law. He has served in the judiciary as a commercial judge and is also active as an arbitrator.
Languages: German, English
2020 - Partner, Fleet Hamburg
2012 - Partner, Ince & Co
2010 - 2012 - Judge, District Court Meldorf and District Court Itzehoe
2008 - Partner, Ince & Co.
2001 - Lawyer, Ince & Co.
2001 - Second State Examination in Law
2001 - Doctorate
1997 - First State Examination in Law
- Hull coverage dispute after total loss of a superyacht
- Litigation concerning coverage issues concerning the hull insurance of a passenger aircraft
- Defending claims in excess of 10 million Euros arising from damage of a passenger aircraft during a towing operation
- Advising on coverage issues under a Mortgage Interest Insurance policy after seizure of ships in Venezuela
- D&O and E&O coverage advice for English insurers and representing them in out-of-court negotiations and court proceedings
- Advising and representing various clients in relation to employment disputes to include negotiations with work councils and trade union representatives.
- Chambers and Partners lists him as an "established practitioner, well known for his focus on marine litigation and arbitration."
- "Markus Eichhorst remains a trusted adviser due to his strength in contentious maritime law mandates. He is frequently involved in large shipping disputes concerning insurance claims, cargo loss and construction failures in shipbuilding, whereby he acts for shipowners, insurers and banks." (Chambers and Partners)