Dr. Christoph Hasche
Christoph Hasche specializes in assisting clients from the maritime and trade industry in their day-to-day business, conducting court proceedings and arbitrations and also accepts appointments as arbitrator and mediator. He also has expertise in maritime tourism, international trade and transport law.
- Representing a flag state at proceedings at the International Tribunal of the Law of the Sea.
- Arbitration in London concerning the question whether a shipowner has to follow charterer’s instruction to sail through an area being affected by piracy.
- Arbitrator in a dispute under a consultancy agreement concerning the remuneration of a product developer in the food industry.
- Advising a cruise company in entering the German market.
- “Christoph Hasche is a celebrated figure in shipping disputes, with in-depth knowledge of both litigation and arbitration proceedings. Clients laud him as a "very competent" partner who "always has time for us." He brings particular experience in cruise ship queries, and offers pronounced cross-border expertise, representing international shipowners and acting on international arbitrations.” (Chambers & Partners, 2017).
- “Christoph Hasche is ‘efficient and provides high-quality advice’.“ (Legal 500, 2017 and 2015)
- „Christoph Hasche has ‘very broad experience with shipping litigation,’ according to sources, who also observe that he brings a ‘practical approach’ to matters. He acts on both cross-border and domestic shipping disputes. (Chambers & Partners, 2016).
- Christoph Hasche is winner in the work area “Shipping & Transport” (Client Choice, 2016)
- Christoph Hasche was awarded as “FINANCE MONTHLY GLOBAL AWARDS WINNER Maritime & Shipping Lawyer of the Year Germany” in 2016 and 2014.
- Christoph Hasche is recommended (Legal500, 2015 and 2013)
- Christoph Hasche - "He gets things done in all sorts of disputes." (Chambers & Partners, 2015)