Dr. Christoph Hasche
Christoph Hasche specializes in assisting clients from the maritime and trade industry in their day-to-day business, conducting court proceedings and arbitrations and also accepts appointments as arbitrator and mediator. He also has expertise in maritime tourism, international trade and transport law.
- Representing a flag state at proceedings at the International Tribunal of the Law of the Sea.
- Arbitration in London concerning the question whether a shipowner has to follow charterer’s instruction to sail through an area being affected by piracy.
- Arbitrator in a dispute under a consultancy agreement concerning the remuneration of a product developer in the food industry.
- Advising a cruise company in entering the German market.
- “Christoph Hasche offers extensive experience in shipping litigation and arbitration, with a focus on the cruise industry. He is extremely well versed in handling cross-border mandates concerning the arrest of vessels, and is described by clients as "an excellent attorney who really knows how to get down to the matter at hand and explain it profoundly."” (Chambers & Partners, 2018)
- “Christoph Hasche is a celebrated figure in shipping disputes, with in-depth knowledge of both litigation and arbitration proceedings. Clients laud him as a "very competent" partner who "always has time for us." He brings particular experience in cruise ship queries, and offers pronounced cross-border expertise, representing international shipowners and acting on international arbitrations.” (Chambers & Partners, 2017).
- “Christoph Hasche is ‘efficient and provides high-quality advice’.“ (Legal 500, 2017 and 2015)
- „Christoph Hasche has ‘very broad experience with shipping litigation,’ according to sources, who also observe that he brings a ‘practical approach’ to matters. He acts on both cross-border and domestic shipping disputes. (Chambers & Partners, 2016).
- Christoph Hasche is winner in the work area “Shipping & Transport” (Client Choice, 2016)
- Christoph Hasche was awarded as “FINANCE MONTHLY GLOBAL AWARDS WINNER Maritime & Shipping Lawyer of the Year Germany” in 2016 and 2014.
- Christoph Hasche is recommended (Legal500, 2015 and 2013)
- Christoph Hasche - "He gets things done in all sorts of disputes." (Chambers & Partners, 2015)