Dr. Arthur Steinmann
Arthur Steinmann is a bar certified specialist lawyer of transport and freight-forwarding law and advises clients in connection with all aspects of maritime law and with German transport- and logistics law. In his practice Arthur also advises suppliers and producers of wind energy components in the offshore sector as well as clients in connection with ship sale and purchase and financing contracts. Finally, Arthur also assists clients in the defense of liability for statements made in a prospectus (KG funds).
- Advising a worldwide shipping line in connection with a fire on a chartered vessel in a German port and representation vis-à-vis Owners, cargo, co-charterers and German authorities
- Advising clients in the defense of over 180 proceedings for liability for statements made in a prospectus (KG fund)
- Advice of an international investor in the purchase of a package of nine container vessels from different German shipowners / bank
- Ongoing consultancy of a German manufacturer of wind energy components in connection with the negotiation of a multitude of charter contracts for the construction and supply of wind energy farms in German and foreign waters
- Ongoing consultancy of different German suppliers of the offshore industry
- „Clients single out Arthur Steinmann for his outstanding negotiation abilities and his comprehensive knowledge of shipping law. His clients include offshore companies and ship managers, whom he assists with both disputes and transactions, including asset deals. Further areas of experience include logistics and bill of lading conflicts.” Chambers Europe Guide (2017)
- „Arthur Steinmann wird für sein ‘charmantes Auftreten, gepaart mit profundem juristischen Wissen’ empfohlen.“ Legal 500 (2016)
- 2018 International Advisory Experts Award: Arthur Steinmann ist Gewinner des Shipping Arbitration Law award in Deutschland.