With extensive experience in advising and representing clients in English legal matters from Hamburg, Dharshini focuses her legal expertise on Commercial and Shipping law representing clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings before the English courts and arbitration Tribunals. She regularly advises clients in relation to drafting and negotiating international commercial contracts be it sale, design, service or construction contracts.
She also deals with all aspects of dry and wet shipping, to include Charterparty and Bills of Lading disputes, cargo claims, shipbuilding/construction disputes and maritime casualties – assisting clients in emergency response and ensuing court or arbitration proceedings.
- Co-ordinating the emergency response and advising Charterers and their underwriters in relation to a casualty of a multi – purpose vessel off German waters, and representing clients in London arbitration.
- London High Court Proceedings in relation to a dispute under a European distribution agreement for a manufacturer and trader of chemical products.
- London arbitration proceedings defending claims for damage to hull of a vessel carrying a cargo of Sulphur.
- Drafting supply of services and design contracts for a leading machinery manufacturer.
- Dharshini Bandara is always available in emergencies’ (Legal500 2017)
- Dharshini Bandara, who is admitted as a barrister in England and Wales is recommended for her Assertiveness (Legal500 2016)
- Dharshini Bandara won the Lawyer Monthly – Women in Law 2016 Award for her “outstanding legal expertise and contribution within the practice area of Shipping & Maritime Lawyer” (Lawyer Monthly, 2016).