1. Name and contact details of the Data Controller and Fleet Hamburg LLP appointed external data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by Fleet Hamburg LLP (the “Controller”), Willy-Brandt-Str. 57, 20457 Hamburg, Germany, E-Mail: email@example.com, Telephone +49 (0) 40 - 5 700 700.
The external data protection officer appointed by Fleet Hamburg LLP is Mrs. Beatrice Lohrer. She can be contacted at the following address: Beatrice Lohrer c/o Fleet Hamburg LLP, Willy-Brandt-Strasse 57, 20457 Hamburg, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone +49 (0) 40-5 700 700, Fax +49 (0) 40 - 5 700 70 200.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a.) Mandate processing
If the client instructs Fleet Hamburg LLP to provide legal services, Fleet Hamburg LLP collects the following information: title, first name, surname, a valid e-mail address, address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile) as well as information necessary for the enforcement and defence of the rights of the client in connection with the subject matter.
The collection of these data takes place in order to identify the client as our client; to be able to advise and represent the client adequately; to communicate with the client; for invoicing; for the settlement of any present liability claims and enforcement of any claims against the client; to inform the client about offers and events of our law firm.
Data processing takes place at the request of the client and according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for the stated purposes for the appropriate processing of the subject matter and for the bilateral fulfilment of obligations under the retainer agreement required.
Personal data collected by us for the purposes of the subject matter will be stored until expiration of the period of the statutory storage obligations for lawyers (6 years after the end of the calendar year in which the subject matter was terminated) and will then be deleted, unless we are required to store the data for longer in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR due to tax and commercial storage and storage documentation obligations (from German Commercial Code, German Criminal Code or German Tax Code) or unless the client has consented to longer storage in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
b.) Website visitors and applications
When you visit our website www.fleet-hamburg.com using your device, your respective browser automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and is stored until the automated deletion after three days: IP address of the requesting computer, date and time of access, name and URL of the retrieved file, website from which the access takes place (referrer URL), status code, used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your Access Provider.
The mentioned data are processed by us for the following purposes: To ensure a smooth connection setup of the website, ensuring comfortable use of our website, evaluation of system security and stability as well as other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
Voluntary contact via e-mail is technically separate from the website. We will need your personal details such as name and email address to answer your questions. This data will in no case be passed on to third parties. Personal data resulting from the transmission of application documents will be saved for the time of the decision-making phase and automatically be deleted three months after completion of the application process.
When visiting individual pages of our website, so-called temporary cookies are used in order to facilitate navigation. These session cookies do not contain personal data and will expire after the session has ended.
3. Disclosure of data
Submitting your personal information to third parties for purposes other than those listed below will not take place.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. a) GDPR, if the transfer is required to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR and if there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data, in the event of a legal obligation of disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c) GDPR, as well as if this is permitted by law and in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR and is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
4. Affected rights
You have the right:
- to demand information about your personal data processed by us according to Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can demand information about the processing purposes, the category of the personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data have been disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of correction, cancellation, limitation of processing or opposition, passing a right of appeal, the source of your data, if they were not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, request meaningful information about their details;
- to demand the correction or completion of your personal data stored with us according to Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us unless processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR;
- to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR as far as you dispute the correctness of your data, if the processing is unlawful but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, however, the data are required for the enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another responsible party in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke your given consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. In general, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or of our office.
5. Right to object
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which is implemented by us without any particular situation being specified. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
6. Data security
Within the website visit we use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. The actual strength of encryption depends on the browser. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption or if you are using older versions of browsers, it can happen that the encryption only takes place with 128, 56 or 40 bits, whereby always the best-possible encryption for the respective browser is automatically used. Whether an individual page of our website is encrypted is shown by the closed key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
Furthermore, we use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.